Learn how to build and manage WordPress websites in only 5 days. We are offering a short vac course (5 days, the week after school ends), for senior high students, who want to learn how to design, build and manage WordPress websites. Considering the fact that WordPress now powers around 50% of the internet, this is a skill that WILL enable you to make money for many years to come.
Who is this for:
- This course is specifically aimed at grade 10 and 11 pupils who want to learn a skill they can use to make some extra money.
- This course is for anyone, from someone who wants to build their own website to someone who wants to do it for a living.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn a skill that is going to be useful for life.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn WordPress!
What do you need:
- A laptop with Wifi connection (Wifi is available at the venue)
- A willingness to learn
What you will learn
- Introduction to web hosting
- How to install WordPress on any hosting account
- Adding a template to WordPress (Pro template supplied)
- Learn the basics of WordPress, pages, posts and more…
- Learn the basics of web layout & your template’s special characteristics
- Setup your website – general settings
- Add the basic extras you are going to need (eg. SEO tools, Newsletter etc)
- How to add further, more advanced functions to your website (eg, online shop)
- Integrate your website to Google (Analytics & webmaster tools)
- Integration to social media (sharing & following)
- Web hosting backups & restoration
- How to secure WordPress
- How to optimise your DB (& why it matters)
- How to optimise images (& why it matters)
- How to speed up your website & test it
- Introduction to some WordPress functions you likely missed
- Writing SEO targeted posts
- Google tools to monitor and test your site
- Understanding your Google data
- Maximizing your efforts
- How to customise anything, safely
- How to create a child-theme
- Introduction to actions and hooks
- Adding custom functions to WordPress
- The power of CSS
- Editing template and plugin display
- Troubleshooting conflicts and errors
- How to move a WordPress website
- LOTS of best practice (safety) tips from experience
- What to do what it goes “pop” and disappears
What you will get
- All the skills you need to build & develop your own website, like a PRO
- Lunch, tea & coffee on training days
- Internet access at the venue via wi-fi network
What else is included
- A website domain of your choosing (R90/year thereafter)
- 12 months of free hosting for your website (R1200/year thereafter)
- A professional website template (usual cost $50)
So when you are done, you will have
- Your very own website. Setup, running and hosted for the next year. Professionally designed, by you.
- All the skills you need to manage your website and others like it.
- All the skills needed to build websites for other people that you can charge money to make.
Monday, 10 Dec 2018 to Friday, 14 Dec 2018.
From 8:30 am to 2 pm daily.
12 high rd,
You will get
All the skills you need to build websites for ‘paying’ clients.
You will get
Your very own, fabulous, working website by the time you are finished.
You will get
Personal attention. Places are VERY limited, we can accommodate a maximum of 10 people only!
What to do if you are interested
If you are under 18, be sure to chat with your parents first!
Complete the form below to register your interest in this course.
We will send you an email confirming your place (if there are any places left).
You DO NOT have to pay anything now. When we have our min number of interested people, we will send everyone an email with details of the payment needed to secure your place on this course.
Register your interest in this course